Lesley E. Little - Partnerlittle@buckkeenan.com
“I enjoy serving clients as a counselor and an advocate, helping them navigate the legal system.”
Lesley E. Little has been a partner in the law firm of Buck Keenan since 2001. Prior to joining the firm, he was a shareholder with Little & Baird, P.C. In both of these leadership roles, Les has been committed to getting results and providing old-fashioned customer satisfaction.
He combines his knowledge of the law with a dedication to client service while representing clients in a variety of litigation at the state and federal levels. His case experience includes first-party insurance and coverage, contractual disputes, fraud, non-compete and trade secrets, product liability, wrongful death, personal injury and securities litigation. Les has tried cases to jury verdict in both state and federal courts, and he has been the lead attorney in numerous cases involving multimillion dollar verdicts or settlements.
His results include:
- Secured $10 million in insurance benefits for major corporation after insurer had denied coverage.
- $8 million settlement of Hurricane Ike claim after insurer claimed damages did not exceed the deductible
- Obtained $1.5 million settlement from insurer after coverage was denied.
- Settled hail damage claim for $650,000 after insurance company said the claim was not covered.
- Over $10 million in settlements of Hurricane Ike insurance claims.
- Won jury trial against insurance company following insurer’s denial of claim based on vacancy exclusion-resulting in judgment that was more than double the amount of the claim.
- $425,000 verdict against insurance company for denial of homeowner’s claim based on alleged arson.
- Successfully resolved many personal injury and wrongful death claims for amounts ranging from $100,000 to $2 million.
- Obtained settlement for full policy limits or more in multiple fire losses where the insurance company had wrongfully alleged arson.
- Multiple Temporary Restraining Order and Temporary Injunction matters involving non-compete, trade secrets, proprietary information and business ownership disputes.
Les received his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas (1987), and his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Houston Law Center (1990). He is a member of the State Bar of Texas Litigation and Insurance sections.
State Bar of Texas
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Colorado
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit